Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weekend, week two, problem solved continued

It's been a couple days but I'm posting again. Yesterday I went to the doctor and found out my knee has a potentially chronic issue that I'll have to deal with for the rest of my life. I'm getting further tests done and we'll see what they say, but the diagnosis was kind of hard to take in. My whole family has really bad knees and none of them are athletic at all, and I think these are connected. I really want to be not just in shape but athletic, I've been wanted to get back into things I used to love, like soccer and hiking. I was pretty depressed yesterday, and I allowed myself to just feel sad for a while, and then I came to the only decision there was to make, which is that I'm going to do everything I can and work hard to fix my knee as much as I can, and I'm going to be ok with ignoring the pain that comes with it, since the physical therapist has told me that pushing through that discomfort is a good thing. Today I felt much better, and I got back on my diet and I was pretty productive.

I'm still trying to figure out my workout schedule, which depends on the pool hours on base and the bus schedule, as well as the distance of the bus stop from my house. It's pretty hard to figure out, much more complicated than the Bart system. I may call or visit the office and ask them what I can do.

Stats: ate 1283 calories
no workout

I'll try to stick with my diet this weekend since I haven't been working out this week, and hopefully I can knock off another pound. My workouts and my schedule are something I want to focus on keeping consistent next week. I may just have to wait for joe to come home to swim, but we'll see.

Anyway, I haven't given up yet! I'm still trying to make permanent changes, and we'll see if it pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment