Friday, January 14, 2011

friday of week 3

I haven't posted in a few days, so I figured I should poke my head in and give an update. I've lost 2 pounds so far, and I'm hoping to lose another pound this week, but I haven't been keeping to my regimen like I'd like, and there are some reasons for this.

I was trying to find a good way to workout, and I found one. Swimming in the lap pool is never boring for me, makes the time seem to fly and I feel great afterwards. I have to drive to get to the pool, so I was trying to find out how I was going to work around joe's work schedule. His schedule is going to change soon, and he'll be working four days on, four days off, which is good in one sense, but bad in that he works twelve hour shifts and alternates from days to nights. This makes having a constant regimen impossible. I have to wait a week or two to see how his schedule stays to find out if I want to bring him to work and pick him up, and I have to find out if there's a way for me to swim before he goes to work, which would be crazy since I'd be coming BACK home at 5:30 am. So this is a snag in my plan, and I find at the moment I'm just keeping my eye open for opportunities to go to the pool and taking them when I can get them.


The other problem is the mess in my house at the moment. I'm fighting a losing battle with our dishes, and I just unpacked the rest of them making a bigger pile than before. Having a messy kitchen makes me discouraged to write down what I eat and take the time to make better meals. I am making progress though.


I forget sometimes that this is why I've struggled with my weight. It's not just diet and exercise, it's changing many details of my life, changing my motivation and outlook even in the small areas. I am improving, and I have to focus on that. Weighing in Monday, I'll post back here then.

No comments:

Post a Comment