Friday, February 11, 2011

Middle of week 6, fine tuning

I'm doing a little update since it's friday and the weekend is a good chance for me to mess up my diet.

I've been finding that the diet is more challenging than working out. As long as I get myself to the gym, I burn enough calories to be satisfied. I burned about 300 today and most of it was walking, it's really not so hard anymore. I consistantly burn 280 at the pool. My counter is up to 1700 burned in the last 7 days. It's really the eating part that's difficult.


Next time I go to the store I seriously need to stock up on fruits and veggies, I'm running really low and it's affecting how I eat. I burned through the last of the veggies today, all I have are clementines, apples and other fruit left, oh and an avacado. This has led me to eat other things although they aren't bad. I had some whole grain pasta today and with dinner we had rice. It's fine, but I'd like to have the option of having only veggies without carbs, and I didn't really have that option because I was too hungry and there wasn't enough. Breakfast foods are pretty well stocked though, just need a little more milk. I also need to find a new kind of bagel to buy, since mine has high fructose corn syrup in it despite being wheat.

yea, I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to nit pick. My cravings aren't as bad, and I've started really liking my new, whole foods diet but if bad food is available or introduced in my head as a possibility it's a downward spiral. The reason I didn't lose weight last week was because instead of going somewhere healthy, I welcomed the idea of going to california pizza kitchen, and then didn't order something healthy. I agreed to make pizza and wings instead of suggesting a healthier meal, I treated myself to ice cream at cold stone instead of treating myself to frozen yogurt at Menchi's. I'm still in the beginning stages of this change, and I have to be careful about the food that surrounds me. The next grocery trip will definitely be a godsend.


Good news: My knee feels great. I'm really anxious and eager to be able to do things I haven't been able to do since October. I want to hike, run, climb, swim at beaches with strong currents, I want to be able to do Zuzana's workouts on bodyrock.tv. I want to start building up some ass and leg muscles! But it's not there yet, and in fact my therapist said I can't even do yoga yet. it's cardio bike, walking or swimming and that's about it, but I can feel my knee getting stronger. I better do what he says though, I don't want to mess this up.

Also good news, I've discovered the joy of baking. I made a lemon and caper chicken last night and baked a fish and teriyaki veggies tonight. The food's a little bland at the moment, but it'll get there. I'll be introducing a little fattier food for dinner tomorrow: sausage and potatoes, not ideal but it's what we have and I can have fruits and veggies on the side (we still have some all natural frozen veggies.) I think if I make sure to eat whole grains and fresh fruits all day the dinner won't outdo me. I may bake this dish too, but we'll see.

I want to do two things with this blog in the near future. I want to start measuring my waist and posting it, so I can have as accurate a progression gauge as possible, and I want to post photos of every meal I have throughout a day, maybe just for one day, but we'll see. I think if I can see it, it'll help me assess just how healthy I'm eating, and if something comes to this blog, maybe it'll help them lose weight and motivate them.

Overall I feel things are going well, but I'll need to step it up and eat right the next two days to see good results on the scale. I'll post again when I weight in on monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment