Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 3

Today was much less easy than my previous two. Joe and I went to the zoo, and as usual walking with my injured knee is not always a good idea. I can't wait to find out what's wrong with it, the swelling still hasn't gone away and the longer it's like this the more worried I get. I burned about 200 walking around the zoo, and I had a good time, but waiting until later in the day to workout was a mistake since I didn't do it. I was supposed to do 20 minutes of cardio on top of my "alternative" workout, but I couldn't find the motivation. I ended up relaxing at home, thinking it was better to let myself cut some slack than to feel too strained with the workouts so early. I think I made the right decision, but lesson learned, working out in the morning is much better.
I also slipped with my eating habits just a little. Overall I had a good day, but I ate sushi for dinner, and all that rice so late is probably a bad idea, and I was eating spoonfuls of cool whip throughout the day. I LOVE whipped cream and it may sound gross to eat it on it's own, but since I'm dieting, I'm getting my sugar cravings again and it was just a little too easy to eat. Definitely not healthy, I'm thinking about throwing away the tub tomorrow. I originally bought it for the pumpkin pie on christmas, and now the pie is gone (thank you joe) so there's really no reason to keep it.
The good news is, we got paid, which means I can go grocery shopping soon (after I clean the kitchen) and that will help a lot. I need to buy more food for breakfast and lunch and less for dinner. I need to start looking up smaller portion, healthier dinners so I can eat more for breakfast and less in the evening. The only trick is that I'll have to pack joe a lot of food for work once I start making him meals, because otherwise he'll be really hungry when he gets home and I'll be ready for a very light meal.
So I think over the past three days I've learned that eating a big breakfast helps. Also, listening to my stomach is better for me than going off a diet plan. Some people eat every three hours or whatever when they diet, but I find I can eat fewer calories a day if I just wait until I'm hungry again, which is closer to every 4 hours or so than every three. And last, working out first thing in the morning is the best plan, and gets me to keep going to the gym.

Stats: 1294 calories
burned 200 at zoo

The zoo here is not very big :( but I did get some great pictures! OMG! I forgot to take a picture of myself hahaha. I'll do it right now, and post it. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment